The Lagos State Government has said they have donated a sum of N5, 000, 000; 3 Coaster Buses; 1 Ambulance and a siren with heavy security back – up towards the success of Solidarity Memorial initiated by Comrades and Associates of Yinka Odumakin for celebration and Immortalisation of the life and legacies of the departed as announced by the Civil Society Planning Team for Yinka Odumakin memorial.
The Government has also said that they are consultation with the family of Odumakin on the appropriate support to be provided directly to them during the 3 – day burial activities to be held this week Thursday to Saturday between the Police College Ground, Ikeja, Lagos State, Lying – In State, Thursday, 11am – 1pm; Service of songs and tributes 1pm – 4pm, and Friday, tributes’ session at Oduduwa Hall, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile – Ife, Osun State, 1 – 5pm; Candle light procession at Moro, Osun State, 6pm; Candle light procession from Moro to Ife Grand Resorts, near Oduduwa University, Ile – Ife, Osun State, 6pm.
Fraternal solidarity, night musical gyration and tributes at Ife Grand Resorts, near Oduduwa University, Ile – Ife, Osun State, from 8pm till fade
Lying – In – State at Origbo Anglican Grammar School, Moro, Saturday, 8am.
Funeral Service at Origbo Anglican Grammar School, Saturday, 10:00am.
Followed by private interment at Country Home, Moro, Osun State.
The Government, on this timely donation, is very categorical about supporting the ongoing donation for solidarity memorial by Comrade Yinka Odumakin’s Associates and Comrades as the Government is also set to support the bereaved family directly.
Update on Donations Received By KIND For Yinka Odumakin Lives On Solidarity Memorial As At Today, are as follows:
1. *Chief (Dr) Mike Ozekhome, SAN*. – N150,000
2. *Comrade Adeyinka Olarinmoye* – N10, 000
3. *Hon Mrs Janet Adeyemi* – N20,000
4. *Barr Femi Falana, SAN* – N100,000
5. *Comrade Gbenga Olawepo Hashim* – N150,000
6. *Comrade Ekundayo Gbenga, Chairman, Lagos TUC* – N25,000
7. *Comrade Femi Aborishade* – N25,000
8. *Comrade Adeolu Oyekan* – N15,000
9. *Mr Akin Osuntokun* – 10,000
10. *Barr Ọpẹ́yẹmí Agbájé* – N25,000
11. *Alhaji Shettima Yerima, President, Arewa Youth Consultative Forum* – N50,000
12. *Veteran Olawale Okunniyi* – N30,000
13. *Chief Dr John Nnia Nwodo* – N100,000
14. *Ogbeni Lanre Banjo* – N30,000
15. *Comrade Agnes Sessi, NLC, Lagos State Chairperson* – N30,000
16. *Comrade Titi Akosa* – N10,000
17. Afenifere Renewal Group N125, 000
18. Declan Ihekaire N5, 000
19. Barrister Wahab Shittu N50, 000
Donations In Kind:
Provision of Security Services of men of the Civil Defense by the Federal Government of Nigeria through the Ministry of Interior
Donation of African Village for Fraternal solidarity, Night Musical Gyration and tributes as well as reservation of 10 Executive Rooms within Ife Grand Resorts by Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi Ojaja II.
Outright donation of Oduduwa Hall by the Authority of Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile – Ife, Osun State.
Provision of considerable rebate across board by the management of the Conference Centre and Staff Club, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile – Ife, Osun State.
Please, for your fraternal support and contributions, find KIND’s Bank Account Details below:
Kudirat Initiative for Democracy. KIND
First City Monument Bank (FCMB) PLC. Account number 0133940012.
Naira Current Account
Please let’s keep the solidarity supports coming.
Many thanks to the above Donors as we expect more solidarity supports from various pledges outside.
Comrade AWA Bamiji
Secretary, Planning Committee